Benicia is the ideal community where you and your business can call home! In Benicia you will find a deep-water port, a 3000-acre industrial park, and a historic downtown and waterfront that attracts tourists and residents alike. Benicia Industrial Park is a major economic powerhouse, yet residents also enjoy the small town advantages of excellent schools and safe neighborhoods.
- Easy Access. Benicia is 40 minutes from San Francisco and 50 minutes from Sacramento, at the junction of I-680 and I-780. Port of Benicia handles bulk goods such as ag products and motor vehicles with UP rail service at the site.
- Lower Costs. City fees, rent for commercial properties, and labor costs are lower than many Bay Area communities.
- Business Support. The City’s Business Resources Incentive Program is one example of Benicia’s support and promotion of a positive business climate.
- Safe. Benicia enjoys a consistently low crime rate.
- City Population (2021): 27,111
- Median Household Income (2019): $103,413
Educational Attainment (2019)
- HS diploma: 17.3%
- Some College or Associate: 34.8%
- Bachelor's: 29%
- Graduate or Professional: 15.6%
- Median Housing Prices (2021): $751,672
Benicia Quick Facts
|City Population (Jan 2018)||27,499|
|Median Household Income (2017)||$95,225||$67,169||$57,652|
|Educational Attainment, age 25 & over (2017)|
|Some College or Associate||37.2%||29.3%||29.1%|
|Graduate or Professional||15.2%||12.2%||11.8%|
|Median Housing Prices (2019)||$655,800||$548,100||$225,300|
City Population Est.: California Dept. of Finance, Demographic Research Unit. Report E-1, Income (Median): U.S. Census Bureau, 2010-2014 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates Educational Attainment, age 25 & over: U.S. Census Bureau, 2010-2014 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates Median Home Value (2016):
- Port is a delivery hub for automobiles General Motors, Ford, Chrysler & Toyota
- Walkable arts district with 100+ artists...Learn more here
- Scenic waterfront promenade
- Downtown is a California Main Street...Learn more here
- California’s third Capitol building (1853-1854)
- U.S. Army’s only Camel Corps (1863)
Economic Development Manager
City of Benicia
Benicia Industrial Park and Port – BIP is Solano County's largest industrial park, with over 3,000 acres of land, 7 million sq ft of buildings and 450 businesses. The park is located near the junction of I-680 and I-780, adjacent to the Port of Benicia, a 2,400 foot deep-water facility 24 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge. Learn more here
Commercial Area – Benicia’s four largest shopping centers range in size from 30,000 sq. ft. to 160,000 sq. ft. are They easily accessible from I-780 and serve residents and the region alike. Learn more here
Downtown Commercial – Benicia’s downtown, situated along the scenic Carquinez Straight, is a certified California Main Street District that caters to tourists as well as residents. The City invested in major improvements to preserve the area, and a Business Improvement District ensures that Downtown Benicia will continue to be a special place for restaurants and shopping that will delight tourists and residents alike. Learn more here
|Valero Refining Co- California||Oil Refinery|
|Dunlop Manufacturing Inc||Manufacturer of electronic effects, picks, capos, slides, strings and other musical instrument accessories|
|Bio-Rad Laboratories||Life science research & development and clinical diagnostics|
|Team Industrial Services Inc||Industrial Pipeline Repair|
|Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc||Beverage manufacturer and distribution|
|Pro-Form Laboratories||Manufacturer of Nutritional and Dietary Supplements|
|Valley Fine Foods||Pastas & gourmet food products|
|Central Coast Wine Co||Wine and distilled alcoholic beverages|
|Rix Industries||Manufacturing of Air/Gas Compressors|
|Benicia Fabrication & Machine||Heavy fabrication and machine shop specializing in the repair, maintenance and new construction of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and miscellaneous industrial equipment|
1st Street Promenade
Bio-Rad Benicia Campus
Benicia Industrial Park
Interstate 680 & Benicia Industrial Park
Treasury Commons First St.