Professionals and experts representing economic development in each city, utilities, workforce development, transportation, small business, and the economic development corporation are the foundation of Team Solano.
Team Solano has five main purposes:
- Work with existing Solano businesses to access resources, programs and services and identify specific business needs that can be addressed by the team, referred to as Solano Business First! Taking care of our existing businesses to ensure they can scale here is a #1 priority.
- Lead and guide the Moving Solano Forward strategy implementation including existing business, new business development, maintaining competitive advantages, and resource development.
- Act as key contacts for new business development in each city to facilitate location, permitting and access to city-direct incentives.
- Act as key contacts for new businesses needing employee recruitment/training, financing, transportation, utility service, innovation-tech transfer assistance.
- Collaboratively identify and address issues from a regional context that affect business locations and growth, including infrastructure development, workforce, business climate, and streamlining public processes.
All members of Team Solano are committed to serving business, providing their expertise to assist businesses in creating jobs and investment in the county.